Summer safety tips, firework safety, and summer pool locations.
Click image to read full newsletter.
We have added a new page to our Web site where we will share playlists of videos on various health topics we hope will be of use to our patients and families. Use the comment section to share your suggestions!
Dates and Time
Tuesdays, 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm
- April 5, 2016: Preschool -Elementary Age
- April 12, 2016 - Middle and High School Age
- April 19, 2016 - Panel ofProfessionals (all age ranges)
- Preschool & Elementary Age – ADHD coping skills, parenting techniques, questions and answers. What to look for in your child to see if he/she has ADHD, concerns of children already diagnosed, side effects, medication “vacations”, parenting and coping.
- Middle and High School – How to deal with hormone changes, aggression or mood base concerns, increased dosage, school transitions, parenting and coping.
- Panel of Professionals – Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Pediatrician and Psychologist panel discuss physical and mental implications of ADHD. Medication options.
Who should attend
- Parents, caregivers, and professionalswho work with children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in schools and the community.
- Child care is not provided.
- Oregon Registry SET ONE certificates under the CKC – Special Needs, will be available for child care providers – pending.
Community Health Education Center on the Salem Hospital Campus, Building D, 939 Oak Street, Salem Oregon.
Cost: $5 for each class. All participants are encouraged to attend the Panel of Professionals. If the child is currently a patient at Childhood Health Associates of Salem (CHAOS) there is no charge .
To register: Call 503-814-2432 (CHEC) or online at salemhealth.org/chec