Childhood Health Associates is hiring for a full-time Medical Billing Specialist
Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Includes but is not limited to:
- Coding and billing
- Posting charges and insurance payments
- Posting ERAs,
- Daily balancing
- Set up Budget Plans
- Patient collections
- Check Insurance benefits for patients
- Maintains a team approach to all duties by:
- Attending team meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Establishing open and positive communication and interaction with all staff.
- Providing positive and constructive input to all aspects of the program.
- Maintains HIPAA confidence and protects clinic operations by:
- Keeping information confidential.
- Provides emergency services as an Mandatory First Responder by:
- Contacting appropriate medical personnel.
- Participating in fire drills and assisting in the evacuation of patients and staff.
- Continually applies safety practices in all facets of the performance of duties by:
- Complying with OSHA safety standards.
- Supporting participation of a safe environment.
- Immediately reporting any unsafe or hazardous working conditions and/or any injury.
- Other responsibilities:
- Performing other work related or assigned duties.
Education and Job Requirements:
Understanding ICD-10, HCPCS
Certified Coder or ability to demonstrate knowledge
Customer service and excellent phone service skills.
Ability to relate positively to children and adults.
Must pass Background and drug test.
Other Skill Requirements:
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must perform duties with moderate direction given, operating from established directions and instructions.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
Hours are 40 hours per week and may include some evening shifts
Mental Requirements of the Job:
Organize and prioritize work so that daily tasks are completed in a timely manner. Moderately repetitive work, with ability to carry through assignments with minimum supervision.
Competitive Pay and full benefits.
Send resume, cover letter and references:
Attn: Linda C.
891 23rd Street NE
Salem, OR 97301