Childhood Health Associates of Salem seeks to hire a full-time Certified Medical Coding/Billing Specialist. The position we are looking to fill will be Monday through Friday 8am-5pm with a remote or remote hybrid possibility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Medical and Billing terminology
- Medical Billing and Coding Certification
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Medical Office
- Excellent communication, time management and problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated, show initiative, and have the ability to work independently and as a team
- Bilingual in any language is a preferred, but not required
- Answering incoming calls, communicating professionally and effectively to assist patients and insurance companies with questions regarding; billing, claim/authorization denials, account balances, and taking payments.
- Understand government rules and regulations and areas of scrutiny for potential areas of risk for fraud and abuse regarding coding and documentation, and give exemplary attention to detail and completeness in this task.
- Review, analyze and input codes for clinic claims utilizing appropriate modifiers, ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT codes based on EMR records.
- Performs timely billing functions for the agency.
- Review accounts for payment arrangements, appropriate collection action, or refunds.
- Review insurance denials,address claims with no response from insurance, process and track appeals, and identify patterns in denials
- Assist patients and insurance companies regarding claims/authorizations/denials
- Research and analyze data needed for reimbursement.
- Keep informed and identify new or coding changes and inform supervisor, providers and billing team of specific payer updates, carrier coding, contract changes, benefit and coverage information.
- Provide education/training to physicians and other providers on coding and clinical documentation. Consult with and educate/train physicians on coding practices and conventions to provide detailed coding information. Communicate with nursing staff for needed documentation for accurate coding. Provide feedback to providers as it pertains to proper coding and clinical documentation of services performed.
- Prepares and submits timely account balance reports
- Register new patients
- Ability to assist in other areas of the department when staff are out
How to apply
If interested, please apply by completing and sending us the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining how you are most qualified for the position
- A current resume
- Employment application (download here)
- List of professional references
Send your completed application packet to:
Childhood Health Associates of Salem
ATTN: Jennifer Brown
891 23rd Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97301