Child Care & Education
- Child Care Resource & Referral: Information on child care, referrals to centers and family child care homes, and support and training to child care providers.
- ChildCareAware to locate childcare providers nationally.
- Chemeketa Early Childhood 503-399-6076 : Early childhood classes for those caring for young children.
- Capital Dental Care (OHP provider) 503-585-5205
- WVCH Oregon Health Plan (to find out which dental plan you are assigned to) 503-371-7701
- Salem Dental Center 1160 Liberty St. SE, 503-363-3311
- Roger Dow, DMD PC 140 Ramsgate Sq. S Suite 110, 503-363-1712 Fax 503-363-4346
- Chris Martin, DMD PC 1625 Commercial St. SE, 503-585-8420 Fax 503-581-3879
- Weston Heringer, DMD 2020 Commercial St. SE, 503-364-7545 Fax 503-540-7911
- Jeff Phillips, DMD 1109 Liberty Circle S. 503-363-8466
- Tricia Ray, DMD 140 Ramsgate Square SE #120, 503-363-1661
- West Salem Dental Clinic (NW Human Services) 503.315.0712
- Salem Dental Urgent Care Center (503) 587-9919, 1880 Lancaster Drive (emergency care only)
- Healthy Smiles Family Dental (503) 689-8936, 2601 25th Street Suite 400, Salem OR
Family Crisis & Assistance
- Child Welfare Office 503-378-6800×2402 : Child abuse reporitng and investigation; intervention and services.
- DHS Self-Sufficiency Programs 503-378-2731 (N Salem) 503-378-6327 (S Salem) : Financial, medical, job assistance, food stamps and child care.
- 211 Network for Marion and Polk Counties: general “warm line” for information about many area resources, including housing and utility assistance
- Family Building Blocks 503-566-2132 : A relief nursery serving Marion & Polk counties including therapeutic classes for young children; regular home visit; parent educationa ndt raining; advocacy, referral and family support services.
- Liberty House 503-540-0288 : Medical evaluation and family support services for children whom there are concerns of child abuse or neglect.
- Marion County Housing Authority 503-373-4448 : Rental housing for low-income clients who qualify (outside urban growth boundaries)
- Psychiatric Crisis Center 503-585-4949 : Psychiatric screening and assessments. Located at Salem Hospital campus.
- Mid-Valley Women’s Crisis Center-24hr hotline 503-399-7722 : Counseling, emergency shelter, transportation, and support for abused women and children.
- Family to Family Support Programs
- Providence Laboratory - North Bank Patient Service Center - 700 Bellevue Street NE, Suite 140, Salem, OR 97301
- Salem Hospital Laboratory Services - visit here to see regional locations
- Quest Diagnostics - 966 12th street, Salem AND 1275 Wallace Road NW, Salem
- BraveSpace creates community and facilitates access to expert and knowledgable providers for transgender and genderqueer children, youth, adults and their families (Portland resource)
- Family Acceptance Project has many resources of importance of family acceptance. Also includes resources and commentary from folks of different faith communities.
- Rainbow Youth - Serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning (LGBTQQ) youth, and their allies in Marion and Polk counties, since 1995.
- TransActive Gender Center provides a holistic range of services and expertise to empower transgender and gender diverse children, youth and their families in living healthy lives, free of discrimination.
- QCenter has listing of Portland resources.
- National Center for Transgender Equality has great resources on rights under anti-discrimination laws, including education and employment.
- Name Change resources:
- Transgender Health Program at OHSU (includes several specialties including endocrine, plastic surgery and urology)
- Transgender Clinic (T-Clinic) at Legacy
- Transgender Law Center has great resources regarding legal rights and protections.
- TransParent is a St. Louis based organization dedicated to providing compassionate support and resources to parents and caregivers raising a gender independent child.
First Aid & Safety
- American Red Cross 503-585-5414 : CPR, first aid, water safety.
- Car Seat Information 1-800-772-1315 : Information and referral from Child Safety Seat Resource Center.
- Marion County Children’s Behavioral Health Services 503-588-5352 : Counseling for children, families and parenting education.
- Easter Seals Children’s Therapy Center 503-370-8990 : Physical, occupational, and speech therapy; counseling for children and families.
- Postpartum Depression Support Group 503-485-2197 : Free transportation and child care available.
- Barbara Roberts High School Teen Parent Program 503-399-3105 : Support and on-site child care to teen parents.
- Community Action Head Start 503-581-1152 : Child development programs and services for low income preschool children and their families.
- Early Intervention / Early Childhood Special Education 503-588-5330 : Referral, evaluation and services for families of children with special needs (vision, hearing, developmental, communication, motor and autism).
- FACT Oregon is a family leadership organization for individuals and their families experiencing disabilities, working collaboratively to facilitate positive change in policies, systems, and attitudes, through family support, advocacy, and partnerships
- Healthy Start 503-362-3138 (Marion county) 503-485-2185 (Polk county) : Support for first-time families. Home visits and community referrals.
- Mid-Valley Literacy Center is a local resource for supporting adults who need help learning to read.
- Oregon Parent Training and Information Center is a Salem organization who’s mission is to educate and support parents, families and professionals in building partnerships that meet the needs of children and youth with the full range of disabilities ages birth through twenty six.
- Parents as teachers has information about parenting classes and how to best support your child.
- Swindells Resource Center for Children andFamilies is an excellent resource for familes with children with special health care needs
830 NE 47th Ave, Portland, OR 97213 503-215-2429 email@example.com
Marion County Health Department
- Main number to reach services at 503-588-5357
- Developmental Disabilities Services 503-588-5288
- Immunizations 503-588-5342 : Low cost vaccines for uninsured patients.
- Maternal Child Home Nursing 503-373-3781 : Home visits to families of young children with disabilities or at-risk.
- WIC 503-588-5057 : Nutritional support for eligible pregnant and breastfeeding women and their children.
- Breastfeeding services 503-562-5338 : Lactation consultation and breastfeeding support.
- Fresh Start Tobacco Cessation class at Salem Hospital 503-561-5138
- Planned Parenthood 503-363-8732
- ARC: Marion County 503-581-2726 : Short-term respite care for family caregivers of a person with a developmental disability.