Dates and Time
Tuesdays, 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm
- April 5, 2016: Preschool -Elementary Age
- April 12, 2016 - Middle and High School Age
- April 19, 2016 - Panel ofProfessionals (all age ranges)
- Preschool & Elementary Age – ADHD coping skills, parenting techniques, questions and answers. What to look for in your child to see if he/she has ADHD, concerns of children already diagnosed, side effects, medication “vacations”, parenting and coping.
- Middle and High School – How to deal with hormone changes, aggression or mood base concerns, increased dosage, school transitions, parenting and coping.
- Panel of Professionals – Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Pediatrician and Psychologist panel discuss physical and mental implications of ADHD. Medication options.
Who should attend
- Parents, caregivers, and professionalswho work with children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in schools and the community.
- Child care is not provided.
- Oregon Registry SET ONE certificates under the CKC – Special Needs, will be available for child care providers – pending.
Community Health Education Center on the Salem Hospital Campus, Building D, 939 Oak Street, Salem Oregon.
Cost: $5 for each class. All participants are encouraged to attend the Panel of Professionals. If the child is currently a patient at Childhood Health Associates of Salem (CHAOS) there is no charge .
To register: Call 503-814-2432 (CHEC) or online at salemhealth.org/chec