h2. Umpqua Milk
Salmonella has also been traced to Umpqua dairy products.
The recall affects the following products bought on Monday or before:
* Milk, half-and-half and cream with an expiration date of Sept. 5 and sold under the Umpqua Dairy, Cascade, Great Value, Lady Lee, Market of Choice and Sherm's brand labels.
* Buttermilk under the same brand labels with an expiration date of Sept. 10 or earlier.
* Umpqua Dairy brand gallon orange juice and fruit drink with an expiration date of Sept. 15 or earlier.
* Any fluid milk product stamped with a plant code 41-62.
More information at "News-Review web site":http://www.nrtoday.com/article/20100819/NEWS/100819775/1063/NEWS&ParentProfile=1055
The recalled shell eggs are packaged under the following brand names: Lucerne, Albertson, Mountain Dairy, Ralph's, Boomsma's, Sunshine, Hillandale, Trafficanda, Farm Fresh, Shoreland, Lund, Dutch Farms and Kemps.
h2. Information for Consumers
* Don't eat recalled eggs or products containing recalled eggs. Recalled eggs might still be in grocery stores, restaurants, and consumers' homes.
* Consumers who have recalled eggs should discard them or return them to their retailer for a refund. Individuals who think they might have become ill from eating recalled eggs should consult their health care providers.
* Keep shell eggs refrigerated at less than 45° F (<7° C) at all times.
* Discard cracked or dirty eggs.
* Wash hands, cooking utensils, and food preparation surfaces with soap and water after contact with raw eggs.
* Eggs should be cooked until both the white and the yolk are firm and eaten promptly after cooking.
* Do not keep eggs warm or at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
* Refrigerate unused or leftover egg- containing foods promptly.
* Avoid eating raw eggs.
* Avoid restaurant dishes made with raw or undercooked, unpasteurized eggs. * Restaurants should use pasteurized eggs in any recipe (such as Hollandaise sauce or Caesar salad dressing) that calls for raw eggs.
* Consumption of raw or undercooked eggs should be avoided, especially by young children, elderly persons, and person with weakened immune systems or debilitating illness.
h2. See also
* "Salmonella symptoms from Mayo Clinic":http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/salmonella/DS00926/DSECTION=symptoms
* "HealthChildren report on Salmonella in pet food":http://www.healthychildren.org/English/News/pages/Salmonella-Contamination-in-Dry-Dog-and-Cat-Foods.aspx
* "Salmonella information from wikipedia":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmonella
* "Salmonella information from medpedia":http://wiki.medpedia.com/Salmonella_Enteritidis